Thursday, April 4, 2013


So, this is my first blog post. I feel like a real, internet addicted, attention craving adult of the 21st century! What next? I guess a few notes about what I have planned. Well, not much. Surprise!

Work + Leisure = Weisure

To most, “weisure” is a negative trend. Everyone works way more than “before” because of technology. Cell phones, wireless internet, laptops, telecommuting, etc. Work life is seeping into private life. Oh no! Oh YES! I say YES! I embrace weisure for the positive effects it can have on your life and your family.

There is a way to live a weisurely pace and not feel overwhelmed by work. In fact, you might feel like you’re cheating the system a bit, like you should be working more or having less fun. But don’t be fooled, the work-hard, play-hard mentality can still apply.

I’m not an expert in travel or work. I’ve never spent hours on the phone with airline customer service fighting my way to the front of the plane. I don’t stay up to the wee hours of the night researching how to gain an extra 100 points by spending money on gift cards through a rebate service. What I do know how to do is live at a weisurely pace by taking advantage of what I must do for work to pay for my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment